Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Boobie Tea

yep...that's what I said.  Normally they're called teas to help promote healthy lactation, and I've been drinking a lot of them lately.  Are they really doing anything for me..I honestly can't tell but I can give you my opinion of which ones taste the best.

I started on this journey with a tea Patrick's mom gave me.  Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Tea


Pat's mom and I are on the same page when it comes to what we put in and on our body, -she also gave me nipple butter by this same company that is AWESOME!- so I was eager to try this. Being this was my introduction to lactation teas I was a little caught off guard by the taste.  Not bad but definitely different. 

Next up was Yogi's Woman's Nursing Support.


This one tastes pretty similar to EMAB but a lot more bland surprisingly.  I expected a little more from a Yogi tea.

And lastly is the tea I've decided to stick with..originally because I couldn't find EMAB at any of the stores I shop at is 


 Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk.  Okay..these teas all pretty much have the same ingredients so obviously they all taste similar.  This one however has the strongest taste of licorice which I love and provides a stronger brew. I even dig the smell of the tea bag after its all dried out.  .... is that TMI??   Again..this is only my opinion.  Should you go by my opinion? Well only if you too are a fan of licorice. 

So this is my go to for "healthy" lactation not necessarily an increase in it.
Honestly the only thing that seems to increase my milk supply is a nice 6 oz glass of Allagash Curieux.  Don't know what that is...Bing it up. You'll never look back I promise!




photos courtesy ofearthmamaangelbaby.com
 iherb.com
traditionalmedicinals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment