Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rant!! Swiffer Wet Mess!

..and it looks like this..

Yes yes..very classy I know.    The culprits of this mess....

(...but the hubby won't let me get rid of them..well his.. Loki -the tan one- I'm free to toss whenever I feel. ) AND...

the Swiffer Wet Jet.

Okay... I know you're suppose to sweep pretty thoroughly before you use this thing, but no one told me how meticulous you would need to be if 
1.  You have tile flooring
2.  You have dogs  

I was so excited to get this, but found it to be a bit of a pain in the ass after the first use.  You really can only use it in 1 room and the room shouldn't be too big because than you're pretty much just pushing a dirty pad across your floors. (Hello upstairs bathroom only!)  I've even gone over the floor with a wet cloth and found the cloth to be pretty filthy after.  Not only does it cake up any dog hair or dirt I may have missed with the broom, it also has a tendency of leaving the grouted area of the tile looking like so...


I feel like we wasted our money on this a bit. It is good for a quick clean up but for the downstairs of my home it's back to the old mop and bucket for me.


Photo from Kaboodle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment