Friday, June 5, 2009

A Mans Man

What happened to American sex appeal??? Since when do we go from George Clooney and Hugh Jackman being the sexiest men alive to, drooling over Zac Efron and Robert Pattison? Ok..ok.. I know.. or at least hope it's not anyone over 23 falling for these guys, but it seems like I'm hearing more about them then Brad Pitt and Leo Dicaprio. I didn't see the world going crazy for Brad Pitt when he was on Growing Pains or Leonardo when he did Basketball Diaries. It seemed when they hit their mid-20's, and their "boy-ish" looks faded that they became obsessive worthy. I didn't even like Pitt in Thelma and Louise, Interview with a Vampire or Legends of the Fall. It wasn't until Fight Club when the body was better and the goatee was there that I started slobbing.
Personally I can't be attracted to any male really if there isn't a shred of facial hair. Zac Efrons face bothers the hell out of me. It's too...fake looking. Not saying he had work done, but it looks like someone made him in a lab. Mannequine-esque. It's so overly Hollywood looking it sickens me. And seriously... what is up with dudes hair...why? I've never seen HSM-nor do I care to.. I'm not 12-, but I will gladly take Shia Labeouf over this guy anyday. They're pretty much the same age, but there's sex appeal in Shia. He's masculine. There it is!! Shia is masculine...point blank. Zero masculinity is emitted from Mr. Efron. Plus he looks like he spends more time grooming himself than the average female..which brings me to Pattison.
I'll be the first to admit that yes.. I too was attracted to his character Edward in Twilight...always wanting to rescue Bella...so cute. Zac may be overdone, but Pattison can't always pull off that "All I need is a T-shirt, jeans, a run of my fingers through my hair, and I'll be hot." look all the time. There have been occasions where he's looked more like "T-shirt-check, Jeans-Check, Shower/Deodorant...shit I forgot!" ...and yet we still like him?? It's Nasty. He also looks like he has really bad breath to me.. just saying. His advantage over Mr. Efrons tho is the same as Shia's. There's a "macho-ness" about him despite how awkward and unclean he may look at times. Plus there are moments when he lets that 5'oclock shadow grow in!! Yummy! Sorry sweeties... real men have facial hair.
Both guys are pretty cute in their own right-Zac in a more strangely feminine way for me-, and seem to be winning the hearts of tweens everywhere. Do I see them making this years Peoples SMA list... don't think so. At least I hope not. ...PS Am I the only one who thinks the Jonas Brothers are just an updated, dark haired version of Hansen??













<----A Man's Man... so close Pattison..so close

No comments:

Post a Comment